Ladder Access System – Extend Down
Combines the popular, time-tested LAS design with a new, patented cable and pulley system capable of raising and lowering ladders an amazing 36 inches for quick, safe, and easy retrieval.
A great choice for apparatus with high shelves or departments with shorter personnel.
– Lowers ladders 36 inches from the stored position (10 more than our standard model) to a convenient height for safe & easy retrieval, reducing risk of strains and other common injuries.
– Powered by two self-contained 12V hydraulic actuators with a maximum load of 300 lb. Hydraulic actuators provide a more parallel, even raising & lowering motion.
– Ladders remain close to the apparatus when lowered for better operation in tight spaces.
– Castings are solid, heavy-duty yet lightweight powder-coated cast aluminum. Can be mounted to a horizontal and/or vertical surface.
– A spring-loaded handle helps keeps ladders firmly secured to the unit.
– NFPA compliant. A Flashing Light Kit provides a visual signal when the system is out of the stored position. An optional Audio/Visual Alarm is also available (see Model AVA).
An optional locking system is recommended when consistently dealing with rough terrain, such as railroad tracks, or when mounting a hard sleeve to the unit. See Models LLAS-MLS and LLAS-ELS.
To mount a hard sleeve to the unit, order one Model LAS-FLB, one Model HSS-TMC, one Model HSS-SAT-10, and one Model HSS-TMH.
To lower pike poles, folding ladders, a hard sleeve, and other accessories with your ladders, order the Model LAS-XT-AB Accessory Bracket.
Note: In some cases, 1-1/2″ spacers will be required for proper mounting, see Model 3097-250-000.
Model LAS-XT: Basic Unit
Model LAS-XT-775: Complete Unit with 7-3/4″ Ladder Support
Model LAS-XT-975: Complete Unit with 9-3/4″ Ladder Support
Model LAS-XT-1200: Complete Unit with 12″ Ladder Support
Ordering Your LAS-XT System:
When ordering, please be prepared with the following information:
1.) Manufacturer of ladders to be mounted
2.) Model numbers of ladders to be mounted
3.) Length of each ladder
4.) Fire department name, city, and state (for unit registration)