Ladder Access System – Bulkhead Electric
Our Bulkhead Ladder System mounts directly to the wall of your apparatus, freeing up space for storage of high-rise packs, folding ladders, pike poles, and other equipment below. A backing plate should be used to distribute the load across the mounting surface.
– Lowers ladders 31 inches from the stored position to a convenient height for safe & easy retrieval, reducing risk of strains and other common injuries.
– Powered by two high-cycle 12V electric actuators with a maximum load of 300 lb.
– Ladders remain close to the apparatus when lowered for better operation in tight spaces.
– Castings are solid, heavy-duty yet lightweight powder-coated cast aluminum. Can be mounted to a vertical surface only.
– A spring-loaded handle helps keeps ladders firmly secured to the unit.
– NFPA compliant. A Flashing Light Kit provides a visual signal when the system is out of the stored position. An optional Audio/Visual Alarm is also available (see Model AVA).
An optional locking system is recommended when consistently dealing with rough terrain, such as railroad tracks, or when mounting a hard sleeve to the unit. See Models LLAS-BHM-MLS and LLAS-BHM-ELS.
To mount a hard sleeve to the unit, order one Model LAS-FLB, one Model HSS-TMC, one Model HSS-SAT-10, and one Model HSS-TMH.
Model LAS-BHM: Basic Unit
Model LAS-BHM-775: Complete System with 7-3/4″ Ladder Support
Model LAS-BHM-975: Complete System with 9-3/4″ Ladder Support
Model LAS-BHM-1200: Complete System with 12″ Ladder Support
Ordering Your LAS-BHM System:
When ordering, please be prepared with the following information:
1.) Manufacturer of ladders to be mounted
2.) Model numbers of ladders to be mounted
3.) Length of each ladder
4.) Fire department name, city, and state (for unit registration)
Ask A Question